Network Operations Manager
Great Plains Communications is looking for a high-energy, service-focused person to lead the daily operations of our Network Operations teams in Blair, Nebraska.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for leading day-to-day operations and support for all customers, networks, and services.
Other duties include:
- Managing technical personnel for the timely resolution of customer service outages
- Leading a group of engineers to manage and maintain GPC networks and services
- Managing third-party and after-hours support for all services
- Ensuring management and monitoring systems are properly configured to support company networks and services
- Providing training and support to employees
- Creating an annual operations budget for the Network Operations team and identifying the major projects to be completed for the upcoming budget cycle
- Creating and updating operational processes
Successful candidate must have knowledge of telecommunications networks and systems, including fiber transport systems, servers, data center networking, routers, switches, transmission technologies, and MEF standards. Excellent customer relations, project management, analytical, problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must be able to work non-standard business hours and be on call as necessary.
Seven or more years of experience is desired.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska. They have over a century of experience providing business, carrier and residential customers with forward-thinking, fiber-based technology services including Ethernet, Internet, video, hosted and voice solutions across an 11-state footprint. The company also prides itself on their progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of all regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers and other service providers utilizing superior engineering and custom build strategies. At the core of their service offering is an extensive 11,500-mile regional fiber network, including long-haul and metro networks that span the state of Nebraska extending into Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and Wyoming. The network offers community access rings, last-mile and middle-mile solutions, all fully supported by their 24x7x365 Network Operations Center.