Service Assurance Supervisor (NOC)
Great Plains Communications is looking for an experienced leader for our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC) in Blair, Nebraska.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervising the daily operation of our Service Assurance team
- Ensuring the required infrastructure, element management, and monitoring systems are available, operationally stable, and meet the requirements of internal staff and customers
- Working closely with other departments and outside vendors to identify, recommend, implement, and operate functional and cost-effective infrastructure management solutions
- Leading the development and support of customer-facing notification, change, and problem management systems, as well as the supporting policies, processes, and procedures
- Developing and reporting to management and SLA-based customers the metrics and key performance indicators that measure and quantify the performance of the offered services
- Ensuring staff is fully trained
- Working with our after-hours support vendor to provide 24x7x365 coverage
- Participating in an on-call rotation for service issues after regular business hours
Successful candidate must have knowledge of telecommunications networks and systems, including fiber transport systems, servers, routers, switches, Ethernet and MEF standards. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and customer relation skills are a must. Must be able to work non-standard hours and participate in after-hours on call.
Seven or more years of technical and customer support experience is desired. Professional certifications including CCNA, MEF, VCA, or MTA are a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska. They have over a century of experience providing business, carrier and residential customers with forward-thinking, fiber-based technology services including Ethernet, Internet, video, hosted and voice solutions across an 11-state footprint. The company also prides itself on their progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of all regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers and other service providers utilizing superior engineering and custom build strategies. At the core of their service offering is an extensive 11,500-mile regional fiber network, including long-haul and metro networks that span the state of Nebraska extending into Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and Wyoming. The network offers community access rings, last-mile and middle-mile solutions, all fully supported by their 24x7x365 Network Operations Center.