Manager of IT & Security Services
Great Plains Communications is looking for a hands-on leader to guide our growing Information Technology and Security Services team.
This position is responsible for:
- Providing 24x7 support for all corporate systems, networks, and applications
- Ensuring corporate systems and property are protected and secure from physical and cyber-attacks, and providing regular security education to personnel
- Ensuring the required infrastructure and element management and monitoring systems are available, operationally stable, and meet company and customer requirements
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining the hardware and software for all PCs, servers, phone systems, security systems, and data center networking components
- Ensuring all systems are managed in a secure, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective manner throughout their production life cycle
- Providing IT customer service for all company personnel
- Ensuring applications are properly installed and maintained, and all essential information and data files are backed up on a regular basis
- Creating and maintaining all relevant server and network documentation and performance metrics
- Defining the IT standard operating environments and approved products list
Successful candidate must have proven leadership and mentoring skills. A working knowledge of systems engineering, network engineering, and security engineering is required. Must be able to learn quickly, be flexible, problem-solve, manage projects, and communicate with employees from all levels within the organization. Must be able to lift 35-50 pounds, work in small spaces, climb ladders, pull cabling, and work outside normal business hours and be on-call as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus eight or more years of experience is desired. Experience with telecommunications networks and services is a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska. They have over a century of experience providing business, carrier and residential customers with forward-thinking, fiber-based technology services including Ethernet, Internet, video, hosted and voice solutions across an 11-state footprint. The company also prides itself on their progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of all regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers and other service providers utilizing superior engineering and custom build strategies. At the core of their service offering is an extensive 11,500-mile regional fiber network, including long-haul and metro networks that span the state of Nebraska extending into Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and Wyoming. The network offers community access rings, last-mile and middle-mile solutions, all fully supported by their 24x7x365 Network Operations Center.