Lead IT Systems Engineer
Great Plains Communications is looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented person to provide senior level engineering support to our IT team and company infrastructures.
This position is responsible for:
- Strategically designing and implementing in-house information systems across a range of technologies such as Cisco UCS/HyperFlex, VMWare, Pure Storage, Exagrid and other related technologies
- Evaluating and developing new service offerings and technologies based on product evaluation, testing and demos
- Ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems
- Monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked hardware, software and associated operating systems
- Identifying, communicating, and resolving issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments
- Providing leadership and mentoring within the department
Successful candidate must have a working knowledge of systems engineering, network engineering, and security engineering. Must be able to learn quickly, be flexible, problem-solve, manage projects, and communicate with employees from all levels within the organization. Must be able to lift 35-50 pounds, work outside normal business hours and be on-call as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus ten or more years of experience is desired. Professional certifications are desired.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.