Engineering Project Manager
Great Plains Communications is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented person to perform project management and communicate engineering project timelines, project status and contractor assignments with collaboration, and coordination of our management team.
This position is responsible for:
- Performs project management, communication, variance analysis and projections and coordination to create efficiencies with timelines and project costs.
- Manages individual assigned projects for the Outside Plant Engineering group.
- Performs personnel activities for our Fiber Optic Splicing Supervisor and Fiber Optic Splicers.
- Updates management and teams on progress of outside plant projects.
- Verifies that Field Engineers and local personnel have secured State, County, City, Railroad, and miscellaneous permits prior to start of project.
- Provides engineering support to sales team.
- Handles all permitting duties.
Successful candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience as an Engineering Project Manager. Previous experience as a Field Engineer or involved in a construction related field is helpful. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and customer relation skills are a must. Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to work outside normal business hours, as necessary.
High School graduate and 2-year telephone technical school or equivalent desired.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.