Network Operations Engineer
Great Plains Communications’ Network Operations department is looking for highly motivated individuals with existing experience in network engineering who want to expand their skills into new areas. Exceptional communication skills and being a team player are key components of this position. Applicants should enjoy working with others to troubleshoot issues, to build more efficient processes, and to ensure the company is providing the best service possible to customers. This is an opportunity to learn new skills, to grow as an engineer, and to join a highly productive team.
The following bullet points include technologies this team supports; applicants should be proficient in one or more and expect to become familiar with all of them:
- CPE (Modems, ONTs, personal routers, and home/small business wireless systems)
- Access Platforms (“Last mile” technologies, which provide voice, video, and/or data services to users over FTTH, DSL, and Cable Modem platforms)
- Transport Systems (Technology which lights fiber and provides high speed data connections)
- IP Networks (Equipment to get traffic to and from the Internet)
- Voice (POTS, unified communications, VoIP, and managed PBX services)
- Video (Traditional HFC, IPTV, and streaming services)
- Monitoring and Management (Systems used to keep watch over network devices and services)
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE.
Visit www.gpcom.com/careers to apply.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.