Great Plains Communications is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented person with excellent communication skills to supervise the daily operation of our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to expand their skills and grow the department. Being a team player and having a strong desire to see that our customers are taken care of in an effective and efficient manner are key components to success in this position. If you are wanting to grow your career in the telecommunications industry, look no further.
This position is responsible for:
- Supervising NOC personnel and the daily activities within the team.
- Utilizing monitoring and management systems to ensure the timely identification and permanent resolution of outages and network issues.
- Working closely with other departments and outside vendors to identify, recommend, implement, and operate functional and cost-effective infrastructure management solutions for all aspects of the services managed by the NOC.
- Participating in a rotating on-call schedule and ensuring staff is responding to escalations accordingly.
- Leading the development and support of customer-facing notification, change, and problem management systems, as well as supporting policies, processes, and procedures.
- Working with staff and Network Operations to provision Enterprise services.
- Developing and reporting to management and SLA-based customers the metrics and key performance indicators that measure and quantify the performance of the offered services.
- Providing direct Tier 1/2 phone support for Enterprise and Wholesale business customers when there are service-related issues.
- Performing personnel activities such as hiring, termination, promotion, training, evaluating, etc.
- Ensuring staff is fully trained and the after-hours support vendor is providing 24x7x365 coverage.
Successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in systems and network technical support and related duties, and 2-3 years of work experience supervising technical staff. Excellent leadership, analytical and problem-solving, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills are a must. Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours as necessary.
Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, network engineering, computer science, or a related technical field or equivalent work experience is desired.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.