Telecommunications Equipment Technician
Great Plains Communications is looking for an independent, self-starter to fill the position of Telecommunications Equipment Technician in the Sunman, Indiana area.
This position includes:
- Representing the company with business and residential customers for the purchase and/or lease of communications equipment, such as PBX systems, hosted PBX systems, data/network products, and WIFI equipment
- Initiating new sales and leasing leads, and assisting with contract negotiation
- Scheduling projects, and conducting installation and maintenance of customer equipment
- Training customers on the use of system features
- Conducting post-installation follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintaining a high level of technical proficiency on all company-supported equipment
Successful candidate must have knowledge of telephone plant and equipment, telephone switching systems, special access circuits, T-1/PRI trunks, and PBX/key systems. Must also possess strong communication and customer relation skills, and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and operate scissor lifts occasionally. A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% of the time is required.
Associate’s degree or equivalent plus three to five years of experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE.
Visit www.gpcom.com/careers to apply.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.