Service Operations Manager
Great Plains Communications has an open position for a proven leader who is looking for an opportunity to manage our growing Service Operations team in Blair, Nebraska. This individual will ensure the residential and small business technical support teams are performing at high levels to provide customers exceptional communications, service, and support. This manager will provide the Service Operations department, and third-party support services, the training and tools necessary to meet the needs of the customers and company. They will ensure the department is fully staffed and will provide support, as needed, to keep personnel motivated, on-task, and performing at a high level. Providing extraordinary customer service and customer satisfaction will be top priority.
This position is responsible for:
- Manages the direct-report Service Operations staff to ensure all residential and small business GPC services are being provisioned and supported to GPC’s standards.
- Manages the technical support of all GPC-offered services, for residential and small business customers.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Service Operations department.
- Serves as the “go-to” person for management to get more information about the Service Operations department.
- Provides regular metrics and updates to upper management, staff, and peers so everyone is aware of customer challenges.
- Documents different information for the department to monitor ticket data, third party service statistics, personnel information, and more.
- Creates Goals and objectives for the department each year and works with team and management to meet them
- Manages the technical education and professional development of the Service Operations department.
- Manages the hiring, promotion, training, evaluating, termination, etc. of direct report staff.
- Follows all company and safety policies and procedures outlined in the GPC Employee Handbook and Policy Manual and GPC Accident Prevention Manual.
- Presents a courteous, well-groomed and professional image to customers, managers, co-workers and others in work-related situations.
Bachelor of Science in computer science, management information systems, or similar technical degree or equivalent experience. Successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of holistic information technology (systems, networks, security) experience in a medium-sized enterprise environment with at least 5 years in a supervisory position, and 3 years of customer service experience. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and customer relation skills are a must. Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours, as necessary.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.